Buy this and your school gets $2.03 to spend on books
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
We are only able to deliver orders to school addresses
- FREE delivery for schools*
- Delivery within 10 working days
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
*We do not charge for delivery, but your order may incur additional customs costs.
- All About You > BAME
- All About You > Books To Make You Think
- All About You > Diversity
- All About You > Families > Grandparents
- All About You > Friends and Friendship
- Fiction > Contemporary Fiction
- Fiction > Literary Fiction
- Multicultural > African
- Mysteries and Thrillers
- PSHE and Citizenship
- Sports > Athletics
Imagine drinking down a tall chilled glass of inspiration. That’s this book – full of dreams and power. Small bare feet. Big brave heart. Gold medal stuff: sheer heart and pace all the way through. Meet Solomon. Ten years old. Skinny. Ragged. Alone. On a twenty-mile desert race to save a life. Solomon loves to run. He dreams of winning Olympic medals. (Not that an Ethiopian village urchin like him will ever get the chance.) But is victory about shiny trophies and being cheered by huge crowds? Or is it about pushing yourself to the very limits? No witnesses. No water. No stopping. When Solomon’s grandfather collapses far from help, Solomon faces a gruelling desert race. The prize: the old man’s life.
- An incredible tale of sporting dreams, hardship and courage
- This acclaimed novel was shortlisted for the Carnegie Medal
- By the author of Jake’s Tower and Oranges in No Man’s Land
- “Spare, arresting story of love, secrets and hard-won speed” – Metro
June 5th, 2014
AR book level: 4.4; Middle years; 4.0 points
- 176 pages
This product has not been reviewed yet.