Buy this and your school gets $2.09 to spend on books
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
Peek into the magic of Diwali in this heart-warming picture book about Diwali, siblings and how very special this celebration can be. This year, Ariana has plans to make Diwali an extra special celebration, with yummy sweets, divas around the house, pretty clothes, fireworks and… the rangoli competition, of course. “This year, I am DEFINITELY going to win the rangoli competition.” Everything would go perfectly to plan if it weren’t for Rafi, her annoying little brother, always up to mischief…and always being clumsy! Will he ruin Diwali too?
- Includes a non-fiction spread at the back about Diwali and how it is celebrated around the world and in different religions
- Touches on what it’s like to be a big sister or brother, the annoying parts and the extra special parts
- Written by Sonali Shah, ambassador for the British Asian Trust and BBC broadcaster
- Bright and rich colours on every page truly bring the magic of Diwali to life
Our October 2021 Ages 3-4 Book of the Month
My pick for 3+ is a wonderful exploration of families (and in particular having a younger sibling) entwined in a sweet story about the run-up to Diwali! Excitement and joy overspill in this tale of a little girl, Ariana, who is desperate to win the rangoli competition – first she just needs to manage the mischief of her little brother, Rafi, who is very keen to join in. With bursts of beautiful, warm and evocative pictures by Chaaya Prabhat, this is a familiar tale of family life that will warm any heart and features themes of empathy and understanding. It even includes a non-fiction spread at the back for especially curious young minds.
P.S. You may recognise author Sonali’s name, as she’s best known best known for being one of the faces of BBC Events, BBC Sport and Newsround!
513 in ROW Primary September 2021
September 2nd, 2021
Lexiles are the global standard in reading assessment. They are unique as
they are able to measure a child and a book on the same scale – ensuring
the right book gets to the right child at the right time.
For more details see What is a lexile?.
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
All About Diwali: Things to Make and Do
- Pie Corbett's Storyteller: The Gingerbread Man and Other Stories for 4-7 Year Olds
- DK Findout! Animals
3booksAutumn Picture Book Pack x3
- Zen Shorts (PB)
- The Pea and the Princess
- The Secret of Nightingale Wood
- Super Sidekicks: No Adults Allowed
- History VIP: Mary Anning
When Cucumber Lost His Cool (PB)
- How To Change The World
- Fly Guy and the Frankenfly
- History VIP: Emmeline Pankhurst
- Ecographics Pack
- Ten Minutes to Bed: Little Dragon
Dear Dinosaur: Dear Spookysaur (PB)
- In My Mosque
- I Survived: I Survived the Sinking of the Titanic, 1912
- The Babysitters Club Graphic Novel #10: Kristy and the Snobs
- Magpie Society: One for Sorrow
- Daily Life in Ancient Greece
- Daily Life in Ancient Rome
- Scientists Who Made History: Dian Fossey
13booksAlex Rider Pack x13
10booksMurder Most Unladylike x10
5booksIn Training: STEM Jobs Pack x 5
Whale Who Wanted More
- My Very Favourite Book in the Whole Wide World
- DK Find Out About Trio