Counting on Katherine x6 Pack
Buy this and your school gets $10.42 to spend on books
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
The true story of a NASA heroine who used maths to touch the moon. Maths matters. Katherine Johnson proved it. As a kid, she counted the steps on the road and the dishes in the sink. And when she grew up, she did the sums that got the historic Apollo 11 mission to the moon – and back again. Now this beautiful full-colour book tells you the life story of a brilliant maths genius who also fought for equal rights. Find out how, when the first mission to land on the moon was in big trouble, all the astronauts ended up counting on Katherine!
- A hugely inspiring biography illustrated in full colour
- The story of a trailblazing African-American woman
- Shows how Katherine made the moon landings possible
- Explains how she saved Apollo 11 from terrible danger
- A vivid tale of using maths to save lives/change history
- Katherine Johnson died on 24 February 2020 aged 101
Supplied as a pack of six books.
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
Voices #6: Two Sisters: A Story of Freedom
6booksConnectors Emerald: Stealing the Past x 6
2booksDavid Axtell Pair
6copiesJourney to the River Sea x 6
6copiesPM Sapphire: African Safari (PM Non-fiction) Levels 29, 30 x 6
6copiesLetters from the Lighthouse x 6
6copiesPM Sapphire: Unexplained Mysteries (PM Guided Reading Non-fiction) Level 30 (6 books)
19booksNew Titles Ages 7-9 Pack
6booksConnectors Emerald: Small But Deadly Dangerous x 6
16booksReluctant Readers Year 3 Pack
12booksEssential Contemporary Year 3 Pack
- Happy in Our Skin
- Little Leaders: Exceptional Men in Black History
- Grandad Mandela
- Little Leaders: Bold Women in Black History
- Ruby's Worry
6booksLittle People, Big Dreams Pack E x 6