This product is not currently available.
To help you find what you're looking for, see similar items below.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
We are only able to deliver orders to school addresses
- FREE delivery for schools*
- Delivery within 10 working days
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
*We do not charge for delivery, but your order may incur additional customs costs.
- Animals > Mammals
- Animals > Pets
- Animals > Wild Animals > Zoo and Safari Animals
- English > Comprehension
- English > Reading > Guided Reading > Book Band Orange
- English > Reading > Independent Reading
- English > Reading > Reciprocal Reading
- English > Speaking and listening
- Facts and Information
- Science > Biology and Life Science > Animals
- Science > Biology and Life Science > Environmental or Green Issues
Narrow the attainment gap with reciprocal reading. Our groundbreaking Connectors series uses peer-to-peer learning strategies to include every child – with proven results.
- High-impact methods proven in case studies and recommended by the Education Endowment Foundation
- Effective use of the Pupil Premium for disadvantaged learners
- Formal classroom trials of Connectors show children’s reading age leaping forward by an average of 9.1 months in just 12 weeks
- Increases class guided reading time by up to five times
Children work in small independent groups of up to six, each taking turns to be the leader as they read and discuss a book together. Clear prompts show the leader how to focus the discussion and engage their team members to predict outcomes, clarify issues, ask questions and evaluate content.
This collaborative approach builds teamwork, speaking, listening, comprehension and evaluation skills. It also promotes metacognition and peer-to-peer learning: two strategies identified by the Education Endowment Foundation as being particularly effective for disadvantaged children.
A 2013 formal trial of Connectors involving 616 pupils in five UK schools showed dramatic increases in reading ability, with the greatest benefits among children on Free School Meals. These pupils showed a reading age increase of over 10 months on average – all in just 12 weeks.
This six-copy pack of a non-fiction title is ideal for readers at Book Band Orange.
“The Ofsted inspector that saw the Connectors lesson said she had never seen a book talk where everybody was so engaged and on task. She said the system obviously works really well for children because everybody was focused.’ Literacy Coordinator, Ecton Brook Primary School
This product has not been reviewed yet.