Buy this and your school gets $2.09 to spend on books
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
Many children think their step-parents are super-villains . . . but what if they really were? 10-year-old Billy’s mum has just re-married, and his new step-dad Phil is smarmy and try-hard . . . Even if he is super rich. On top of that, Billy – and his best-friend Viv – are so unpopular at school, only the IT Club rank below them in the school food-chain. And, the school bully keeps throwing bins at Billy’s head. So, when Billy discovers his step-dad is a super-villain with an evil plan to destroy the entire world, it is the perfect excuse to break Phil and his mum up. But gathering evidence about a super-villain is harder than it looks, and when Billy accidentally becomes ‘ Bin Boy ’ – a superhero sensation – things become a whole lot more complicated. Suddenly the fate of the global population is on Bin Boy’s shoulders. Can he save his family and the entire world?!A story of friendship, pizza, fizzy drinks, a super-hacker, a volcano secret-lair, excellent technological wonderment, a platinum-toothed crocodile . . . And a superhero sensation!
- A brand-new superhero is in town and perfect for readers aged 9+.
- Told with heart and tonnes of homour, great for fans of David Solomons, Kid Normal and Despicable Me.
- Brought to life by Emma McCann, illustrator – this package will delight readers.
Our July 2021 Ages 7-8 Book of the Month
Our 7+ Book of the Month for July is the hilarious Bin Boy by Tom Vaughan.
It is perfect for more able readers of this age group or for older readers who love more accessibly designed illustrated texts. If you like Dav Pilkey, David Solomons and Kid Normal you will love Bin Boy.
A lot of us can identify with all that Billy is dealing with: annoying relatives and blended families, trying to fit in at school and then having an evil super villain as a stepdad. Well ok, maybe not the last part, but it combines the everyday and the fantastical in a way that will draw all kids in. We root for 10-year-old Billy as he tries to save his mum from his super smarmy stepdad and fight off the school bully but we also laugh along as he accidentally becomes superhero Bin Boy and encounters platinum-toothed crocodiles and a volcano secret lair.
We have chosen this because it is one of the most enjoyable and exciting reads we have had in a long time! It comes in a beautiful package with illustrations by Emma McCann.
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
10booksUltimate Football Heroes x10
5booksBarrington Stoke Fiction: Ages 8-12 Pack x5
- Captain Underpants #1: The Adventures of Captain Underpants
6booksBarrington Stoke New Titles x6
- Game On! 2021
- A Rebel in Auschwitz
- The Ultimate Guide to Basketball (100% Unofficial)
4booksKid Normal Pack x 4
2booksBarrington Stoke: True Stories Pack x2
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Wrecking Ball
Horrible Histories: Awesome Egyptians
- Lift-the-Flap Questions & Answers How Does it Work?
- F2: Ultimate Footballer
- The World's Worst Parents
30copiesAmazing Grace x 30
- Lightning Girl #4: Superpower Showdown
- Dark Unicorns: The Midnight Unicorn
- Worries: Jaz and the New Baby
- Dark Unicorns: The Darkest Unicorn
The Whizz Pop Chocolate Shop
- Battle for Roar
The Wolves of Willoughby Chase
Simone Breaks All the Rules
- Adventures on Trains #1: The Highland Falcon Thief
- The Boy Who Fooled the World