Buy this and your school gets £2.70 to spend on books
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
‘[Selznick is] a postmodern hero of middle-grade children’s fiction… Those who revel in puzzles, philosophical conundrums and musings on transience, time and grief will adore this challenging read’ The Times ‘The most perfect feat of storytelling’ Scott Evans, The Reader Teacher ‘It has touched me in a way I can’t express… Breath-taking’ Ceridwen Eccles, primary teacher and blogger at Teacher Glitter A ship. A garden. A library. In Kaleidoscope, the incomparable Brian Selznick presents the story of two people bound to each other through time and space, memory and dreams. At the centre of their relationship is a mystery about the nature of grief and love which will look different to each reader.
- Kaleidoscope is a feat of storytelling that illuminates how even the wildest tales can help us in the hardest times.
- Brian Selznick’s first book, The Invention of Hugo Cabret, was the winner of the esteemed Caldecott Medal, the first novel to do so, as the Caldecott Medal is for picture books
- Released as a live-action film Hugo in 2011, directed by Martin Scorsase and starring Asa Butterfield, Ben Kingsley, Jude Law, Sacha Baron Cohen, Richard Griffiths, Ray Winstone, and Christopher Lee.
- Brian Selznick’s second book, Wonderstruck, was also made into a feature film, starring Julianne Moore and Michelle Williams
September 2nd, 2021
Lexiles are the global standard in reading assessment. They are unique as
they are able to measure a child and a book on the same scale – ensuring
the right book gets to the right child at the right time.
For more details see What is a lexile?.
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
Geek Girl #5: Head Over Heels
- Super Sidekicks: No Adults Allowed
- Fly Guy and the Frankenfly
- Zen Shorts (PB)
100booksTop 100 Books for Teens Complete Pack (100 books)
- DK Find Out About Trio
- DK Readers Level 3: Moon Landings
- Ten Minutes to Bed: Little Dragon
- Favourite Poems: 101 Classics
- I Survived: I Survived the Sinking of the Titanic, 1912
- Freak the Mighty
- Dead Man's Cove
The Bunker Diary
- Everything, Everything (Film Edition)
6booksThe Puppy Collection Pack x 6
- The Young Magicians and the Thieves' Almanac
- A Very Large Expanse of Sea
11booksBritish Asian Authors Pack
- The Babysitters Club Graphic Novel #10: Kristy and the Snobs
Whale Who Wanted More
- Narwhal's School of Awesomeness
- I Survived: I Survived the Attacks of September 11, 2001 (Graphic Novel)
Once Upon a Crime
- Fly Guy Trio
Dear Dinosaur: Dear Spookysaur
- The Night My Dream Came Alive
- A Poem for Every Day of the Year
The Best Diwali Ever