Just Be Cool, Jenna Sakai
Buy this and your school gets $2.09 to spend on books
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
Fans of Judy Blume and Jenny Han are sure to fall head-over-heels for this funny, sweet story of crushes, competition, and the confusing reality of middle school. “Heartbreak is for suckers.” When Jenna Sakai gets dumped over winter break, it confirms what she learned from her parents’ messy divorce: Relationships are riskyand only lead to disappointment. So even though she still has to see her ex-boyfriend Elliott at newspaper club, Jenna is going to be totally heartless this semester – no boys, just books. But keeping her cool isn’t always easy. Jenna’s chief competition for a big journalism scholarship is none other than Elliott. Her best friend Keiko always seems busy with her own boyfriend. And cute-but-incredibly-annoying Rin Watanabe keeps stealing her booth at the diner she’s been hiding at every day after school. Rin is every bit as stubborn and detached as Jenna. And the more Jenna gets to know him, the more intriguing a mystery he seems. Soon Jenna is starting to realise that being a loner is kind of, well, lonely. And letting people in might just be a risk worth taking.
- Flirting, friendship and fallouts, this has relatable themes for tween readers
- Sweet, smart writing with emotional depth: like a junior Jenny Han
- Love the sound of this? Then check out Keep it Together, Keiko Carter by Debbi Michiko Florence
Praise for Keep It Together, Keiko Carter: A beautiful story about healing from heartbreak, and discovering the strength that comes from opening your heart to others. Jenna is a gem!”—Jo Knowles, award-winning author of Where the Heart Is “Sweet and smart.”—Kirkus Reviews “Charming.”—Booklist “Florence’s tween drama will resonate.”—School Library Journal
Praise for Keep It Together, Keiko Carter:“Sweet and smart.” – Kirkus Reviews“Charming.” – Booklist“Florence’s tween drama will resonate.” – School Library Journal
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
- Kissing Booth 3: One Last Time
You Don't Know Everything, Jilly P!
Bad Girls Never Say Die
3booksAngie Thomas Pack x3
- You & Me at the End of the World
Rise to the Sun
- Not Here To Be Liked
- Instructions for Dancing
- Paradise on Fire
- You're So Dead (the perfect Instagram Influencer thriller!)
- Midnight Sun
- This Poison Heart
- The Yearbook
- Good Girls Die First
- Five Nights at Freddy's: Bunny Call (Five Nights at Freddy's: Fazbear Frights #5)
- Sam Wu #2: Sam Wu is NOT Afraid of Sharks!
- Keep It Together, Keiko Carter
- Marvel Black Panther #1: Shuri: A Black Panther Novel (Marvel)
- Ace of Spades
- Skin of the Sea
Not If I Can Help It
3booksHeartstopper Pack x 3
- Sam Wu #3: Sam Wu is NOT Afraid of the Dark!
- They Both Die at the End
- Upper World
- I Survived: I Survived the Attacks of September 11, 2001 (Graphic Novel)
3booksFive Nights at Freddy's Trio
- The Babysitters Club Graphic Novel #10: Kristy and the Snobs
- It's Behind You