PM Benchmark: Training and Kits Pack
Rated 5/5 from 1 rating
This package includes PM Benchmark Kit Training plus PM Benchmark Kits 1 and 2.
Benchmark Kits are an essential resource to accurately track and assess children’s reading progress across the whole school, ensuring consistent and accurate levelling in reading.
In-school training will help you to make the most of the Benchmark Kits and running records. Understand better how to assess students’ fluency and retelling strategies while determining their level of comprehension, both within and beyond the text. Benchmark Kit Training will take place over two 1.5 hour sessions, one week apart, and will cover:
- The balanced reader
- How levelled texts work
- Understanding the benchmarking of progress in reading
- How to take a running record
- Further understanding of the balanced reader
- Fully analysing the running record (meaning, structure, visual) to inform instruction
- Using the running record to inform instruction, linking to the requirements of the National Curriculum, guided reading organisation and age-related expectations
A practical benchmarking task will be set by the course trainer to be completed between session 1 and session 2. Call 01926 816 266 or email email@example.com for more information. (Some geographical restrictions may apply.)