Women in Science
Buy this and your school gets $2.12 to spend on books
Rated 5/5 from 1 rating
0 reviews (Add a review)
We are only able to deliver orders to school addresses
- FREE delivery for schools*
- Delivery within 10 working days
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
*We do not charge for delivery, but your order may incur additional customs costs.
Gorgeous visual profiles of 50 trailblazing science pioneers. Moon missions. Cancer treatments. Super-computers. Love your world? Thank these women! You might have heard of Marie Curie or Ada Lovelace. But what about the rest? There’s 17th century scientist and illustrator Maria Sybilla Merian, who went all the way to the tropical rainforest to draw butterflies and wildlife. There’s daredevil Katia Krafft, who studied volcanoes (and died in a lava flow). Or how about Katherine Johnson, the African-American NASA maths genius who figured out the path of the Apollo 11 mission to the Moon? Brainpower, bravery and beauty: they’re all in this book of brilliant science!
- Inspiring picture profiles of 50 women scientists
- Full of striking full-page pictures and infographics
- Women of many backgrounds, in all fields of science
- “Fascinating and superbly presented” – Parents In Touch
This product has not been reviewed yet.