This product is not for sale in United States.
Connectors Ages 9+ Set x 132 Pack
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
We are only able to deliver orders to school addresses
- FREE delivery for schools*
- Delivery within 10 working days
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
*We do not charge for delivery, but your order may incur additional customs costs.
- English > Comprehension
- English > Reading > Guided Reading > Book Band Gold
- English > Reading > Guided Reading > Book Band Orange
- English > Reading > Guided Reading > Book Band Purple
- English > Reading > Guided Reading > Book Band Turquoise
- English > Reading > Independent Reading
- English > Reading > Reciprocal Reading
- English > Speaking and listening
- Facts and Information
Reciprocal reading that stimulates children and raises reading standards fast.
- A proven and cost-effective way to narrow the attainment gap
- Formal classroom trials of Connectors show children’s reading age leaping forward by 9.1 months in just 12 weeks
- Case studies show particular benefits for disadvantaged learners
- A great way to make your Pupil Premium go further
Connectors uses proven, high-impact peer learning methods recommended by the Education Endowment Foundation. It is ideal for small-group reading at different ability levels, and particularly effective for disadvantaged learners.
A 2013 formal trial of Connectors involving 616 pupils in five UK schools showed dramatic increases in reading ability. The greatest benefits were for children on Free School Meals, whose average reading age rose by over 10 months in just 12 weeks.
Children work in small independent groups of up to six, each taking turns to be the leader as they read and discuss a book together – predicting, questioning, summarising and evaluating. This collaborative approach builds oral language and listening skills, develops a range of thinking strategies and teaches children to work in teams.
This Ages 9+ set contains six copies each of all 22 Connectors fiction and non-fiction titles for this age group.
“The Ofsted inspector that saw the Connectors lesson said she had never seen a book talk where everybody was so engaged and on task.” Literacy Coordinator, Ecton Brook Primary School
“The whole class loves using Connectors. It engages all the kids – the more able learners encourage the others so that they gain confidence too.” Leanne Dixon, Gateway Primary School
In this pack
This product has not been reviewed yet.